Thursday, May 13, 2010

Such a busy time of year.....

I love spring! It has always been my favorite time of year! Winter is over, green is showing, things are growing!
It's also a very busy time for me. Seeds need to be started, nurtured, and then planted. The garden usually has to be re-dug, and prepared. We get lots of rain, so then the garden has to be weeded! This year I was able to plant the first peas on St. Patrick's Day, a tradition in my family. Most years it is either cold, snowy, rainy, or just plain muddy when I do this, but this year it was a beautiful balmy spring day! I was able to get lettuce, arugula, radishes, onions, carrots and lots more peas in. I am now ready to plant my potatoes and get the rest of the garden ready for other veggies.
Then there are the chicks. Whew, still working on that coop! Hopefully, it will be done- at least enough for them to live in there- by this weekend. Then I will post pics on here. After that, it will be time to work on their run. I also have weeding to do all around the house, trim work, have to paint the coop, and start planting some flowers.
I love it though! Looking out my window this evening I could see storm clouds rolling in.... I wish it would stop raining for more than 1 day so I can catch up on those weeds!

No comments: